Alternatives to Bug Spray
Warm weather is a sign that the days are getting longer and that you and your family have more opportunities to play outside and make lasting memories. The change in seasons is also a reminder that pesky bugs like mosquitos and ticks are out and about.
While you’ll want to protect you and your loved ones from annoying bugs that leave irritating bites that itch, it’s a good idea to stay away from chemical-based repellents that are full of harmful toxins that can cause both health and environmental problems.
Alternatives to bug spray repellents have natural and organic ingredients in them that keep mosquitos and ticks away while also protecting you from harmful chemicals. Some of the top natural bug sprays are made with the following oils and scents.
- Lemon eucalyptus oil comes from the tree with the same name. As a natural repellent, lemon eucalyptus oil produces a light scent. It’s also been known to keep mosquitos away for up to three hours at a time.
- Lavender produces a distinct smell that works on keeping bugs at bay. In addition to its smell, lavender has antifungal traits that help moisturize and soothe irritated skin.
- Cinnamon oil has been known to destroy unborn mosquitos. In addition, cinnamon oil has been successful in warding off adult mosquitos as well.
- Citronella is a well-known alternative to bug spray made from a variety of herbs. Due to its success in warding off mosquitos, it can be just as effective as a chemical-based repellent such as DEET.
- Tea tree oil has a scent that works against a variety of bugs, not just mosquitos and ticks. It also serves as an antiseptic and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Health Product Alternatives to Bug Spray
Quantum Health’s DEET-free bug spray is an effective plant-based solution to harmful chemical-based products created to ward off mosquitos and other pesky bugs such as ticks. Whether you're going on a hike, enjoying a family outing, taking a camping trip, or just hanging out in your backyard, Quantum Health has DEET-free products conveniently made to meet your needs. This includes the following items:
Buzz Away Extreme® Spray comes in 2oz, 4oz, and 8oz sizes. These are great to toss in your bag when you’re driving to a trailhead or going camping for a weekend. The portable 2oz fits TSA requirements and can easily be taken on your flight too.
Buzz Away Extreme® Towelettes consist of plant-based products such as citronella oil and lemongrass oil. Along with the natural ingredients, these alternatives to bug spray are available in packages of 12 and 25.
To get started on protecting you and your family from getting mosquito and tick bites, stock up on alternatives to bug spray today!