Lip Clear® Lysine+® Ointment, 7 gm
Soothing, Effective, Cold Sore Care with Lysine and 14 nutrients
Cold sores are uncomfortable and embarrassing—but a totally normal occurrence given that up to 80 percent of all American adults carry the virus that causes outbreaks. Lip Clear® Lysine+® Ointment trims healing time by half. It’s the leading and most effective herbal nutrient ointment available.
Our innovative science-based formula includes:
- Menthol - the active ingredient that relieves pain quickly
- Lysine – Well-researched amino acid that suppresses the activity of arginine, which is a common trigger
- Calendula – Soothing botanical historically used to calm irritated skin
- Olive Oil and Propolis – moisturize while promoting resolution
- Zinc Oxide – This has been shown to inhibit viral replication and promote rapid resolution
Lip Clear Lysine + is also sold at:
and many other fine retailers. Click on the retailer logo to find a store near you, and remember to call to check availability before making a trip.
Don't let a cold sore rule your life. Be kind to yourself and choose the solution that works!
Active Ingredients: Menthol 0.1%
Inactive Ingredients: Beeswax, Calendula officinalis extract, Echinacea angustifolia extract, Gum benzoin tincture, Honey, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Lysine, Melaleuca alternifolia oil, Melaleuca cajuputi oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) fruit oil, Propolis extract, Vitamin A (Retinyl palmitate), Vitamin D2, Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Zinc Oxide.
You know when a cold sore is coming on when you feel that tell-tale tingle on your lip. Small, clear blisters that form around the mouth and lips, cold sores are filled with liquid and can cause a lot of pain and discomfort.
Without any treatment, cold sores typically heal within two to four weeks. However, although there's no cure for a cold sore, there are treatments that can lessen the pain and hasten the healing.
What triggers a cold sore outbreak?
You can try to prevent the onset of a cold sore by identifying your triggers, which often result from environmental and psychological factors. Some common triggers include:
- Exposure to sunlight or strong wind
- Weakened immune system (for example, when your body is fighting off a cold)
- Hormonal changes (such as pregnancy and menstruation cycles)
Your diet may also affect cold sore likelihood. In fact, there is evidence that foods high in arginine, an amino acid that is a building block of protein, can cause cold sores. Foods rich in arginine include meat, peanuts and whole grains.
Although it may seem like some of these triggers are out of your control, you can take some precautionary measures to deter the chances of developing a cold sore:
- Reduce stress. Participate in relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, exercise and self-care.
- Lessen environmental impacts. Protect your face from cold and wind in the winter, and wear sunscreen in the summer.
- Get plenty of rest, and avoid the negative effects of fatigue on your immune system.
- (For women) keep an eye out for hormonal triggers. Some women experience outbreaks before the start of menstruation. Knowing when to expect an outbreak can prepare you to treat it.
How can Lip Clear Lysine+ help?
It's impossible to completely avoid all cold sore triggers. That's where lysine lip ointment comes in. The formula in our l-lysine ointment has been carefully researched for safety and effectiveness. We've created a product that not only quickens healing time but also soothes and comforts as it works.
The ingredients in our Lip Clear lysine ointment include:
- Menthol. Menthol is a chemical that is found naturally in peppermint plants. It quickly relieves you of the pain of your cold sore. Used topically, it helps to cool the skin and relieve minor aches and pains.
- Lysine. Like arginine, lysine is an amino acid that is a building block of protein, and research has shown that lysine may suppress the activity of arginine. Foods high in lysine include eggs, fish, cheese, chicken, soybeans and wheat germ.
- Calendula. A native plant in Mediterranean countries, calendula is an edible flower. It's been used throughout history for a variety of maladies including soothing irritated skin.
- Olive oil. Many people use olive oil topically as a moisturizer. It provides a shield against dryness.
- Propolis. Honey isn't the only thing bees make. Propolis is a compound produced by bees, and like olive oil, we include it for its moisturizing properties.
- Zinc oxide. The topical use of zinc oxide protects irritated skin and inhibits viral replication.
- Vitamin A, vitamin D3 and vitamin E. These vitamins are often used topically in skincare products. They help to soften and comfort irritated skin.
When we put all of these ingredients together and created our formula for our Lip Clear lysine ointment, we ended up with something special: an herbal / nutrient product that truly works. In fact, it reduces your healing time by 50%, but don't just take our word for it. Our formula was clinically tested to determine whether our special mix of botanicals, nutrients and l-lysine was truly effective. Conducted by Betsy Singh, Ph.D. (Southern California University of Health Science's Dean of Research) and published in the Alternative Medicine Review, you can read the full study here.
The average healing time reported in the study was only four days. This is down from the usual two to four weeks that it takes a cold sore to heal without any treatment. Additionally, after only three days, 40% of participants' sores were completely healed. By six days, all but two of the participants were completely healed.
Participants also reported their experiences after using the formula. No negative side effects were described. On the contrary, reported benefits included the following:
- L-lysine ointment was invisible and could be worn under lipstick.
- The participants felt instant relief from pain when applying the ointment.
- The lysine lip ointment did not burn when it was applied to the lips.
Additionally, it's important to note that many studies consider the "crusting" of the lesion to be the endpoint of their research. However, once a cold sore has crusted, it can take an additional two to seven days to disappear completely. In this study, researchers considered the cold sore fully healed when the sore was completely gone. Our Lip Clear lysine ointment didn't merely heal the active lesion in four days while leaving behind crusting - it completely healed the sore.
In addition to crusting, researchers used the following factors to monitor the cold sore healing process:
- Small blisters
- Oozing blisters
It wasn't until each of these ten symptoms were completely relieved that the cold sores were considered "healed."
Look for our products at retail stores
Quantum Health first marketed the formula in our lysine ointment in the early 1980s. It was the first product we developed, and it was the product that launched the company. While other brands may cut down healing time or soothe your pain, our product does both. You can start using Lip Clear Lysine+ as soon as you begin to feel a cold sore erupting. Its soothing ingredients will help ease your pain while you heal.
Lip Clear Lysine+ has been formulated with rigorous scientific testing. Quantum Health has led the herbal products industry for over 35 years by developing science-based, effective products that truly work.
Look for our l lysine ointment and other products at retail stores, or shop online to have our products conveniently delivered directly to your home.